Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New and Excited!

Dawnzie

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just joined last night when my research into salamanders led me here. I have experience with beardies, aquatic turtles, and a tortoise. I wanted to branch off into something that required a paludarium and has a calm temperament and my search led me to Tiger Salamanders. More specifically in my case the Ambystoma marvortium. I am currently in the process of setting up an aquatic tank because I would like to start with the sallie in its larval form. I want my kids to really get to experience the phases of his change. My biggest problem since starting research is actually finding a specimen. I am looking forward to asking questions in the forum once I find my lil guy. I am a total planner so I wanted to get ahead of myself and get acquainted before I jump right into hobby.

Dawn

Dawnzie

Reaction score
I have the aquatic tank set up for the larval stage.

Attachments

• A5ABE380-2839-4B17-A781-D0E11F8D5802.jpg
    A5ABE380-2839-4B17-A781-D0E11F8D5802.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 129
  • D856049E-ED62-44E1-8859-3D4BAF71AD93.jpg
    D856049E-ED62-44E1-8859-3D4BAF71AD93.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 103

AuSu

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
It's great you search info before actually getting one. I think you find much here, both in the common threads and specie specific area. And in the trade area you might then find a suitable pet from a breeder!
Good luck!
Auli

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1