Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Help! Jumping Axolotls, Floating, Mysterious Item in Water

wakemegupinside

Reaction score
I went to bed at around 4 am last night, and at 10 am my mom woke me up because my axolotl had jumped out of the tank when I was asleep and crawled across my entire carpet and was curled in a ball in a small puddle of water. So he was there for up to 6 hours. He fell from about a foot and a half because he was in quarantine from contaminated water, so I don't know of any injuries beyond peeling skin (for the SECOND time in a week), since black melanoids are harder to examine.
Now he floats like this in some hunch back position and I just found this white fleshy tube in the water with him. I'worried that he may have somehow passed some kind of organ or something and it's really scaring me. Does he look like he broke anything? What is this white thing? What's with this hunch back?

tumblr_orvwigkqbv1veqje1o1_250.jpg

tumblr_orvwigkqbv1veqje1o2_250.jpg

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure he didn't pass an organ, probably a stress-poop or something. Just keep and eye on him and hope for the best.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!