The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

North American Newts (Notophthalmus & Taricha) While not closely related, these two genera are the true newts of North America.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th April 2017   #1
Kane775

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Kane775 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tips on my new eastern newts

These are my first newts, i wanted fire bellies but i couldn't find any. few questions

Can anyone tell the genders? i want to breed eventually

Is the setup okay?

do i need to get more?

I've had them for 2 or 3 days and offered ants and small earthworms and they haven't eaten, should i be worried?

do i need to get more? most people have 3 or 4

i appreciate any help, thanks!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS3IWVd3Jok

P.S. i added a log afterward for them to get on, and sorry about the quality, it was on an iPhone and I'm a bit sick

Kane775 is offline   Reply With Quote