The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

FS: USA For US Caudata.org users wishing to sell/give away/trade within the US.

Old 18th February 2012   #1
Peter Lembcke
(onetwentysix)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11
Default CB Ambystoma talpoideum, lesser sirens

I currently have a number of A. talpoideum (mole salamander) metamorphs for sale. They're currently aquatic, and with a proper setup they can be maintained like this, but I generally recommend keeping them terrestrially. If you do keep them aquatic, which can work for talpoideum, be sure to provide land areas and/or floating objects so they don't drown. Some of these animals have been transformed since last summer and have been doing fine aquatically, but some do tend to prefer hanging around floating objects at night.

These are F1 animals, born from four neotenic adults I raised from eggs in outdoor enclosures. They're almost two years old, but most are only starting to morph right now. I don't know how many I have; it all depends on how many continue morphing and which end up being neotenes, but there are around 10-20 for available now.

I also have a few of my CB lesser sirens (S. i. intermedia) from last year still available. They're doing well and eat almost any food you can feed them (fake crab, pieces of shrimp, turtle pellets, pieces of dry dog food/treats, and live insects like mosquito larvae and Daphnia). There's twelve left, but four of these seem to be runts and haven't grown much. The four smaller animals are available, but only by request; otherwise I'd like to see if they'll put some size on if kept alone.

Talpoideum are $20 each, and the sirens are $25. I may consider trades for eggs. Please feel free to contact me for any questions, and please include a zipcode for a shipping quote. Thanks!

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

My apologies for the poor photos!

onetwentysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012   #2
Jakob
(methodik)

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: methodik has given good advice and informationmethodik has given good advice and informationmethodik has given good advice and information
Default Re: CB Ambystoma talpoideum, lesser sirens

Guess there is no chance for Europeans, is there ?

Old 19th February 2012   #3
Peter Lembcke
(onetwentysix)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11

Sorry, not unless you'd be willing to purchase an export permit for me!

Old 19th February 2012   #4
Jakob
(methodik)

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: methodik has given good advice and informationmethodik has given good advice and informationmethodik has given good advice and information

If it was a question of will...

Old 4th March 2012   #5
AnnaBeth

Nationality:
Rep: AnnaBeth has started on the right path

Do you have any of either left?

AnnaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012   #6
Snake
(areynoldssr)

Nationality:
Rep: areynoldssr has shown reliable knowledgeareynoldssr has shown reliable knowledge

My granddaughter really loves my sirens, if you have any more I would like to get her three. areynoldssr@yahoo.com.

areynoldssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012   #7
Peter Lembcke
(onetwentysix)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

All sirens are sold, aside from a few that are too small, but there are still lots of talpoideum left.