Help please!

Conrad24

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just got my axie a couple days ago and I noticed some weird blob in one of the plants. Any ideas as to what it could be?

Attachments

• ABA6238B-F36F-4B43-A079-9B378026F9D8.jpg
    ABA6238B-F36F-4B43-A079-9B378026F9D8.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 81833A9C-93D2-48FD-AAFD-B5A4FE2983FD.jpg
    81833A9C-93D2-48FD-AAFD-B5A4FE2983FD.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 107
Honestly no idea. Google image search would like to suggest it may be a planet, a jelly fish, or a chicken marinade. I would not take it's word on it. "Axolotl Pink Blob" also only finds images of axolotls.

Sorry, all joking aside, I wish I had an answer for you, but I thought it might be good to at least let you know people are reading your question and looking for results.

Do you by chance feed pellets? I looks like a mass growing fungus\mold.

Hey! Thanks for your reply! I’ve attempted searching on google! Nothing has come up! Lol. I feed he/she bloodworms every 3 days. So it was odd to me. I am thinking maybe he/she threw it up?!

Total noob here!

Yeah, that's a piece of food (or a piece of axolotl) being eaten by a fungus.

If your axolotl isn't missing any pieces, it's probably a piece of worm (or food she ate before you got her) she threw up.

Unless it happens more often, it's nothing to worry about.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back