Ohio Amphibian Research & Conservation Conference

blckkeys

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Pat
I wonder if we ever have these in England.. I'd go

I`ve added it to the caudata.org calendar. Thank you!

Looks like I'm going back to Ohio - I did some research on the unisex Ambystomids 33 years ago...

Thanks for posting this!

duktig wrote:
Looks like I'm going back to Ohio - I did some research on the unisex Ambystomids 33 years ago...

Will you be speaking?

I went to the reptile version of this conference 2 years ago (they alternate reptiles, off year, amphibians, off year, reptiles...) and it is pretty good with like 45 minute synapsis of various projects around the state. If you can go longer sign up for the Wildlife Diversity Conference on Wednewday before put on by ther ODNR. http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/Calendar/PDF/Early newletter announcement.pdf

Sometimes a few of the topics overlap but for the most part they are different.

Overall it is a good conference and if the weather is right the salamander migration will be taking place. Two years ago we found Tigers, Spotted and Smallmouth along with Spring Peepers, Leopard Frogs, Western Chorus, Green Frogs, Bullfrogs and American Toads by roadcruising the nights around the conference.

Andy

There is a good chance that I will be going to this. I may not be able to do any road cruising or anything, but wouldn't mind putting some faces to the names. Just throwing it out there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back