Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotls everywhere!

DragonLeopard

Reaction score
Hi there!
I am new to this site, and I just wanted to say hello. C:

I currently own two Axolotls that I bought/rescued from some pet stores that weren't taking the best care of them.

They are my precious lil' weirdos. <3
My first is a male Axolotl I named Storm, and my second is a female I named Lapis.
I've had Storm and Lapis for a little over a year or two now, and I love them!

Lapis had recently laid her first clutch of eggs on Feb. 16th, 2016 and I look forward to the little cuties hatching soon!

Their parents are leusistic and albino.
I might try selling some of the offspring if anyone is interested.

Thanks for reading, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you awesome people! :D

Tiger mom Tammy

Reaction score
Welcome to the community! Glad to have you join us! Lots of axolotl keepers here, your at the right place! Can't wait to see photos of your cuties!:D

NaterPotater

Reaction score
Welcome! You made it a year without being a member of this site? Nice. haha. I joined it 6 months before I ever got an axolotl, and I don't know what I would have done without it!

DragonLeopard

Reaction score
Thanks!
Yeah, I did not know this site exsisted for a while, oops. I'm kind of shy too.
I learned about axolotls long before I could even own one though, and I do reseach them on occassion for possible new information, so I'm okay I guess?
I also have bad internet connection sometimes, so I go to books instead a lot.
But I'm happy to join this site, and I hope to share my love an experience with these animals if I can!
Also, I'm over-run with them now, so I need to sell some probably.
But awesome! C:

DragonLeopard

Reaction score
Thank you!
I look forward to it! I've already posted a few pictures.
Your very kind, thanks for the welcoming!

DragonLeopard

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know that my axolotls hatched on March 5th, 2016 at 8:35pm!
They are currently a little over a week old now, and doing great!
They are the cutest! <3

Donna001

Reaction score
Hi DragonLeopard.
Welcome to the forum.
I've only joined recently as well, but visited the forum as a guest for a long time prior to that.
Congratulations on your cuties.
:happy:

LConrad68

Reaction score
Hello DragonLeopard!

I know how you feel about the whole shy thing. I'm a bit shy myself. I guess that's one reason why it took me so long to actually do any posting on this site. My first post was yesterday :eek:
I have done quite a bit of research during my time here though, but still no babies as of yet... but I do hope to get a couple very soon though :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1