Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: [Urgent] Chlorine Flush in my area.

Aesyir

Reaction score
Hello where I live they will be flushing our lines with chlorine instead of chloramine. This is very worrying to me because they are saying its a stronger disinfection process. I use Prime to treat my water will this still work or should i use bottled spring water for the time being. Any help is appreciated!

Nativenewt

Reaction score
Most municipalities already use chloramine and chlorine. Both are harmful to caudates, the only difference I can think of between them is that chloramine doesn't evaporate from water. If you mean there is going to be a higher does of chlorine, just use more water conditioner that works for both chlorine and chloramine. Prime should do the job. If you do decide to go the spring water route, just make sure the water hasn't been treated with chlorine or anyth ing

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1