Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

T. Verrucosus Pictures + African House Snake

IanF

Reaction score
I had decided not to get anymore caudates for a while but couldn't turn these two down and for free aswell! The pictures aren't very good and there aren't many cause these guys are to fast for me. With out further a do, here they are- you may notice the first newt has it's mouth open, if anyone knows what this is a sign of please share, he's bene acting normal but I was abit worried about that.

Setting you up for the mood- here's sunny Scotland!
tylos001.jpg

Here they are-

tylos009.jpg

tylos011.jpg

tylos013.jpg

tylos019.jpg

tylos020.jpg

Sorry for the lack of photos.

I thought I'd include while I'm at it the House snake I picked up that day aswell.

They're a small species and this is only a young one so it's pretty small.
So small it resides in a cricket tub for now!
tylos021.jpg

tylos023.jpg

tylos028.jpg

tylos038.jpg

tylos034.jpg

Hope you like them, they've been great so far.

Nathan050793

Reaction score
Very awesome Verrucosus Ian! You'll soon find that they become your favorites! I know mine have become the stars of my group of critters!

bobberly1

Reaction score
I hava African house snakes too. Great little animals, I can't wait to breed mine.

IanF

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys.

I hava African house snakes too. Great little animals, I can't wait to breed mine.
They are great I'm very suprised at how uncommon they are though, they stay small and require really basic care and in my opinion look just as good as corns. Strange that they aren't more popular.

Logan

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but I agree I use to own many house snakes and pumped out many babies from black african house snakes to striped and dotted. I flooded the market for a bit and then had a hard time selling them. I then donated my collection to the zoo I was currently keeping at and they have had babies and occasionally send some to other zoos as well as program animals. The females are usually wonderful for handling and showing off.
Logan

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1