Photo: My axies, 6 months later :) How much have your axies changed and grown?

hacelepues

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is just a few photos to show the progress Sagan and Bowie have had. They're so big now I can't believe it! Sagan, the wild type is a boy and Bowie the leucistic turned out to be a girl.

Then
E90xth.jpg

Now
VyWpTh.jpg

Then
V3DSHh.jpg

Now
OfmyZh.jpg

They are just over 7" each now!!!
4ePc5h.jpg

It's crazy how fast these guys grow! What use to be little nips at my fingertips has turned into them biting my fingers up to the first joint and violently shaking it around. Vicious little things :)

How about you guys? Do you have any then and now pics of your lotls?

Oh wow :) I can't until my little guys look like this in..about 6 months (if mine follow the same growth)

P.s. the name Sagan is awesome :)

They are lovely!!! I especially love your wild type.
I have my first batch of eggs - hoping they end up being viable - I would love to raise one of my own babies

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back