Edward's Journal

Fullmoonnight

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why hello there humans, I am Edward. (No, not that Cullen one. I was named after the one that does alchemy.) I have decided to keep a journal about myself.

I'll tell you a little bit about myself and how I got to where I am. Once upon a time I lived with my brothers and sisters, then I was bought by this human and given as a gift to another human she knew along with another one of my paler siblings. Ahh those were the days, I was so tiny. As I grew up in this other human's house, I lived with my pale sibling, one day that human found that I had eaten all of my siblings limbs. WHOOPS. I didn't know you couldn't do that. From that point on I lived separately from my sibling.

The rest of the time passed in a blur until about a year later when that human decided that she couldn't handle my sibling and I and offered us back to the human that bought us. She said that she would bring us back to the human but forgot...until one day, my pale sibling died. I was finally brought back to the human that bought me and this is where my journal begins.

Date: March 20 2014

I am the same age as this humans' other axolotls...however, I'm a little on the small size...
(These pictures were taken when I first moved in. The net is for reference.)
My brother Scrump (personally I think he's too big..):

Me with the same net:

Human kept saying that I was too thin when I first moved in and kept apologizing to me. I suppose I am a little petite here.

Date: April 19 2014
Every time human gives me food, I try to eat it straight from the turkey baster. She keeps telling me to wait till she squeezes it out but "ain't nobody got time for dat". I think my siblings would eat me if we lived together (karma I suppose) so I have requested that human keep me separately. Right now, I suppose it's a bin...not very classy but I guess it'll have to do.

I look a bit different don't I?

Date: April 20 2014 (Easter)

I moved into my very first tank! It's small...but it's still better than that bin I guess. There's this round fluffy thing in here. There are these green things too. I think human calls them plants.

When I first moved in I was so scared I stayed in that position for 2 hours. The water is deep and it's scary...

April 21 2014

I have now settled in. It's actually pretty nice in here. Like an apartment. Human says I can have a bigger tank when she moves home. She might even keep me in her room again.

Do I remind you of a certain meme?

Oh soft furry thing, tell me your secrets.

A video of me eating and walking off screen. Human has broken the mic on her phone and had to mute the video but it's not like you would have heard anything anyways. I'm a very quiet room mate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB46n9qY0Qw&feature=youtu.be

I approve of your chosen name.

Especially seeing that you are much smaller than your new brother. No offense. ^_^;

Enjoyed you story though. Ohh the fluffy green thing. My axies seem to enjoy them as lookouts.

Hi Edward,

I'm glad you're human is feeding you up well. Keep up the good work!

:D

This is adorable and sweet :)

Thank You

I approve of your chosen name.

Especially seeing that you are much smaller than your new brother. No offense. ^_^;

Enjoyed you story though. Ohh the fluffy green thing. My axies seem to enjoy them as lookouts.

Who are you calling smaller than my little sister's pinky toe?? (I'm at least the size of her tail)

I like it too but it sees to tickle my belly

Hi Edward,

I'm glad you're human is feeding you up well. Keep up the good work!

:D

Thank you. I personally think human should feed me more! Like 3 times a day?

April 21 2014

I have now settled in. It's actually pretty nice in here. Like an apartment. Human says I can have a bigger tank when she moves home. She might even keep me in her room again.

Do I remind you of a certain meme?

Hello Edward! My name is Axl and I live in Scotland with my human. I also like to recreate a certain meme!

Attachments

• axl lean.jpg
    axl lean.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 230
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back