Breed of axolotl?

Charlottelatham

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Charlotte
Hi everyone,
I recently got a baby axolotl and the seller said they were albino. However, I have noticed he/she looks a lot darker than most albinos I have seen. Can anyone identify if this is still albino or a different type? Thank you:)

Attachments

• 269C437A-7BDD-407D-B6E1-6EE07880824C.jpeg
    269C437A-7BDD-407D-B6E1-6EE07880824C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 177
  • 78CC5DB3-FDE1-4374-8CCC-7FEC0165872D.jpeg
    78CC5DB3-FDE1-4374-8CCC-7FEC0165872D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
it’s definitely not an albino, it looks a lot like a copper, also for future reference; different colored axolotls aren’t called breeds their called morphs

it’s definitely not an albino, it looks a lot like a copper, also for future reference; different colored axolotls aren’t called breeds their called morphs

Ok thank you for the help and sorry about that I’m kind of new to axolotls

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back