Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Chiller causing condensation on tank

Aesyir

Reaction score
Hello my AquaEuro Chiller is causing my aquarium to "fog" up with condensation on the outside. Im kind of worried that means condensation is forming under the aquarium too... Would it be okay to put rain-ex on the outside of the glass? I hear shampoo works too, any help is appreciated.

Aesyir

Reaction score
UPDATE: I just put some shaving cream on a rag and rubbed it on the outer surface of the aquarium glass while being extremely careful to not get any of it in the tank, granted it has a lid but still. This completely fixed the issue. Im not sure if I would recommend it though it just seems to have worked for me -probably isnt the safest solution. (rainex, Is probably far from aquarium safe either)

Aesyir

Reaction score
Its on a wood stand, and was starting to drip water on it, I didnt want to deal with any mold or the stand just falling apart due to rot. everything is fine now no condensation and the tank is doing fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!