Participants Wanted for Scholarly Research Project on Forum Writing

jclee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
jclee
Hello caudata.org members,

I am a fellow caudate hobbyist, as well as a PhD candidate in writing and rhetoric at the University of Rhode Island. I am combining my love of herps and forums with my love of writing in order to study the ways that forum posting helps people learn and develop literacy.

If you are 18 or older, you are invited to participate in a non-profit research study. This research project examines the influence of public forum writings on writers’ learning through interviews and usage diaries. If you join this project, you will only need to participate in three, brief interviews (through e-mail or Skype) at your convenience.

Each interview should take about ten minutes. I will also ask you to keep a brief usage diary: a book or .doc file in which you comment on and reflect on your forum writing. The diary will shape an understanding of how people perceive forum writing.

Your part in this study will be confidential. That means that your answers to all questions are private. No one else will know if you participated in this study and no one else will find out what your answers were.

If you are interested in participating, or if you have further questions, please PM me through this forum.

I have spoken with John Clare about this project, and he welcomes you to contact him if you have questions that he might be able answer.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Lee

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back