Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Would you say my axolotl looks fat

Aaliyahsutton

Reaction score
Is my axie far or would you say he looks like this because "he" might actually be a she :0 I heard female axies are a lot fatter

Attachments

• IMG_9258.jpg
    IMG_9258.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,067

BrooklynD

Reaction score
Top view would be better, so we can see how far his/hers stomach comes out but to me he looks a big chubby!!

debadog

Reaction score
回复: Would you say my axolotl looks fat

Is my axie far or would you say he looks like this because "he" might actually be a she :0 I heard female axies are a lot fatter

I'm also thinking that he may be a she! It would explain the lack of a bulge and the roundness of your axie. I recently also realised my boy is likely a girl as shes started to round out a bit! An overhead view would be helpful.

Karayna

Reaction score
I'm with the others, he might be a she! Looks like the same shape as one of mine (and she looks thinner in this pic than IRL)...

Attachments

• 20170508_151354.jpg
    20170508_151354.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 416

Purpletotodile

Reaction score
A good way to tell if an axolotl has the proper weight is to look from the top. In a healthy axolotl, the sides of the belly are as wide as the head, but it is okay if it is slightly smaller. If you are looking to lose weight, feed less meaty foods such as earthworms and feed more pellets/bloodworms. I usually also keep ghost shrimp in with my axies, and they seem to enjoy it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!