Illness/Sickness: Rescued axie with purple lump on his neck

kumamon

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Chloe
Hi,

I took in a little guy who was housed in terrible condition to attempt to get him back to health.

He has a list of issues, but the only issue I'm unsure how to treat is the strange purple lump on his neck.

I don't think it has enlarged since I got him but it definitely hasn't gotten smaller. The colour seems to be.. intensifying. Today it seems to have a small black dot, kind of like a blackhead pimple. I don't feel comfortable squeezing it, nor do I think that is even possible without causing him pain.

Should I get him antibiotics or just wait and see.

Thank you in advance!

- Chloe

(also if the pictures attach.. sorry about the bad quality, I didn't want to turn the flash on and bother him).

Can you post a picture?
Thanks
Also see the care articles link in my sig and scroll down to "health and illness."

Sorry! I didn’t notice that the photos didn’t post. This was him a couple days ago (sorry for bad quality, I didn’t want to turn the flash on). I’ll upload pictures of it today as it seems to have popped. It’s extremely red and what came out (or at least I think) is like a long stringy red... thing. It could be poop but I’m not entirely sure because I was away yesterday and only got back today. He isn’t looking very healthy so I don’t think he is going to make it but I am trying to do my best for him.

Thank you for you help!

Attachments

• 0EF9EC30-1CE2-413A-9285-BD823BDE5855.jpg
    0EF9EC30-1CE2-413A-9285-BD823BDE5855.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 1555B6AB-422D-4E30-8593-EC50EFDC6D2E.jpg
    1555B6AB-422D-4E30-8593-EC50EFDC6D2E.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 257
So something popped out of that? I think I might just keep an eye on it and hope that better living conditions will allow it to heal.
If you can take it to the vet, that is always a good option.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back