Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

newly emerged sallys

SC

Reaction score
So I've been feeding my A. maculatum larvae chopped earthworm & they've been eating well. I have a few that have recentley emerged- is this still the best food choice for now? They haven't been eating- but I know this is a sensitive life phase & that anuran metamorphs won't eat at this stage untill older- does this sound right to assume for the sallys? (Right now they're spending all of their time resting in java moss)

Jan

Site Contributor
Reaction score
So I've been feeding my A. maculatum larvae chopped earthworm & they've been eating well. I have a few that have recentley emerged- is this still the best food choice for now? They haven't been eating- but I know this is a sensitive life phase & that anuran metamorphs won't eat at this stage untill older- does this sound right to assume for the sallys? (Right now they're spending all of their time resting in java moss)
This should answer your question - see the section on care during metamorphosis:

http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Ambystoma/A_tigrinum.shtml

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Chopped earthworms are still a great food option. They may take a few days to a few weeks to start accepting food again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!