Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

ADF eggs!

12frogs

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forum. Before I ask my questions, a little background info: my hobby started with two whites tree frogs. I now have 7 whites, 3 boreal chorus frogs which I raised from tads, and two ADF's, Fred and Wilma. I just moved their 2.5 gallon tank to a different location, and apparently this triggered a breeding response! Fred has been non stop singing ( which is a pleasure to hear! ) and just last night I found the water surface covered in eggs. I immediately moved the eggs to a different enclosure. They have not hatched yet. I'm going out today to try and find some sort of fry food because I really would rather not culture a banana peel...I'm also hoping to get some brine shrimp eggs to feed the tads after their first week of life. I knew when I bought Fred and Wilma that there was a possibility of them breeding, they have simply never bred before though until now! I know to do regular water changesfor the babies and to keep them in a warm spot. I have them on top of one of my frog enclosures which gives them plenty of heat and light(but not too much!) I've heard that others haven't had much success keeping the tads alive, however I'm willing to give it my best shot! Any advice is deeply appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12frogs

Reaction score
58d1d821f8df2f4f139c132da3ab0195.jpg

Forgot to add a picture. Some have sunk and some are floating, is there any reason for this ?

12frogs

Reaction score
a221819ddfdf439b2e9e2f7f822d58c7.jpg
notice the elongated one.. Is this a good sign?

12frogs

Reaction score
I've heard the eggs can be hard to raise. With good water and food I hope you will succeed. let me give you this link that I found useful! Raising Dwarf Frog Tadpoles

Thanks for the link! It looks like I might be getting another batch of eggs shortly... Fred has been latched on to Wilma for about 20 minutes now and he sang to her all last night!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!