Male refusing to eat

R

raoul

Re:Shedding, the male does not seem to be suffering from a fungal infection after all. I have put him in quarantine none the less, he still refuses to eat. I have fed them by hand (or tweezers) from the start, what other options are there for him as he has not visibly eaten now for some weeks.

at the moment earthworms,mealworms,crickets and v.small slugs. All are eaten readily by the girls but the male visibly runs away from food. I thoght that maybe he is just scared of me, if I leave any of the above foodstuffs in the water for a few hours will it compromise the water quality ?

Randy's eaten an earthworm, the relief is quite unbearable. I will keep you posted

Keep at it. Probably wouldn't hurt to do a complete water change and keep them at about 21 degrees C. Good luck.

thanks for your encouragement, Randy has eaten another earthworm (the first one he ate was only partly eaten , he threw some of it back up a few days later).This one looks like its stayed in. I have to say that if it hadn't been for the fantastic health of my fire salamanders I think these last few weeks would have had me doubting whether I could keep anything.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back