Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Bleeding genitals male axolotl

sushiNpearl

Reaction score
Does this look normal? Chaz had a little blood coming from his genitals could this be a result of him releasing too many spermaphores too soon again? He realeased some a little over a month ago (150 eggs later :happy:) but I don't remember seeing his genitals so engored nor did I notice any bleeding... His area is so swollen that his feet are unable to touch the bottom of the tank!!

I haven't noticed any spermaphores but this of course does not mean he hasn't or won't be releasing any soon I suppose...

Thanks for the help
Sushi Chaz and Coral :wacko:

Attachments

• chaz.bmp
    78.8 KB · Views: 33,209

Jenste

Reaction score
What kind of substrate do you have? To me it almost looks like he swallowed a pebble or rock and it damaged him coming out

Jenste

Reaction score
Are the rocks bigger than his head? If not they can swallow them.

sushiNpearl

Reaction score
Yes they are about the size of large lemons. We bought them with that in mind

Hypno2021

Reaction score
Does this look normal? Chaz had a little blood coming from his genitals could this be a result of him releasing too many spermaphores too soon again? He realeased some a little over a month ago (150 eggs later :happy:) but I don't remember seeing his genitals so engored nor did I notice any bleeding... His area is so swollen that his feet are unable to touch the bottom of the tank!!

I haven't noticed any spermaphores but this of course does not mean he hasn't or won't be releasing any soon I suppose...

Thanks for the help
Sushi Chaz and Coral :wacko:
Hi, was he ok? what happened next? did it go back to normal? Mine 7 months old axolotl seems to have the same problem

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!