Colour question

Blockberry Jam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm intrigued to know what colour my little Neville would be described as! I've never seen another axolotl quite like him! He has a very white underside, but a speckly head and really dark patches on his pink gills. And he's got a kind of blue pearly shine to him, especially on his head! Here's the best pic I can get to show this https://instagram.com/p/BVDRpS-DjQY/

I think it's probably leucistic, and the blue pearly sheen might be his blood through his skin.

I would say she's a dirty (or freckled, people use different terms) leucistic!
Super adorable too :)

Your axie is like mine. Yours is a dirty leucistic.( look up picks if you don't believe me :) )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back