Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Sponge filter for axie tank

Francinej

Reaction score
Hello 2 of our juvie axie’s are about to move into their new home! Tank will be cycled within the next couple days (I’m pretty sure it is now but I like to be positive lol)
We have the Fluval 406 canister filter and the 64g Fluval Tank... my question is if anyone knows what type of filter sponge will fit over the intake? I’m worried about them getting too close to it and it snagging their tail or something as the holes are much larger on this intake compared to the tank they are in now... I don’t think we need anything that’s too fine because they eat mostly earth worms and Hikari round pellets and just the odd treat of smaller foods...(and we hand feed them) so it’s not so much to be used as a pre filter but more for protection for them... I know I could use Panty hose or something but just wondering if anyone knows of an actual sponge that will fit? I just think it would look more esthetically pleasing then the Panty hose lol
Thanks!

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Is it just to cover the intake? I would just cut up some sponge (like filter sponge if you have spare!) and cover the intake, attaching it with an elastic band :) This is what I do for my chiller output because the flow is strong (and the output for my HOB filter too!).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!