Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

15g ACF stocking

AndreDecasa

Reaction score
How many ACF would fit in a 15g? The tank has everything lid, lighting, heater, thermometer, overkill filtration etc.

Base on my research people said you can fit 2 ACF in a 20g high aquarium, the length of a 20g tall is similar to a 15g standard.

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
Most likely just 1 ACF can live in a 15 gallon tank, if you're still looking for a species to own, what about a couple of Fire-bellied toads? They make a great beginner species, they are diurnal, semi-aquatic (Benefit from land and water areas) and are great captives and bold in captivity. Here's a care-sheet: The Fire-Bellied Toad

Our sister forum Frog Forum.net would be really helpful in this situation, you could post about Bombina and Xenopus there

AndreDecasa

Reaction score
I'll try to look unto it, I hope someone is selling them nearby.

Thats the only problem I'm having I'm surrounded by many fish but not amphibians that I really want.

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
May not be reliable at all, but some people can internationally ship fish, and have a picture of B.orientalis, so maybe if I find them, you could order some Bombina from them

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
Huh, I thought that only 1 male could live in one, is it because the males are smaller? I never really thought that that little of a size difference really mattered with this species

RupertxGiles

Reaction score
Frogs are amphibians fyi. And I agree , a larger tank is better. African clawed frogs are very active and enjoy swimming around lots. I have mine in a 40g and they are thriving.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!