The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Tiger Salamander & Axolotl (Ambystoma tigrinum, A. mavortium spp, etc.) The Tiger Salamanders and the Axolotl are so popular amongst hobbyists that they have been given their own topic. If you're particularly interested in the Axolotl, there is a large section of the forum devoted mainly to beginner Axolotl enthusiasts (not this topic).

Old 8th February 2015   #1
Harry
(Nuclear Herps)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Nuclear Herps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Keeping tiger salamanders outdoors uk?

I have no intentions of doing this but im curious.There are people who keep tigers in outdoor enclosure in freezing temps in the US.however in the uk it hardly gose under 5c in the winter at night so I was thinking it could work if providing hibernaclum that is.just curious.thanks Harry

Nuclear Herps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015   #2
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Keeping tiger salamanders outdoors uk?

I will be keeping my small tiger group outdoors, hopefully spring time onwards. They are currently in an unheated shed while I finish their future home. I am going to use a large cold frame and at present I am digging out the soil for their hibernacula and water area.

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote