Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Can axies get ich?

hacelepues

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I searched bout it in the forums and found nothing.

There is an ich outbreak in one of my fish tanks. I'm currently treating it, but I'm worried because for both my axie tank and my fish tank I use the same tupperware for water changes and the same baster for cleaning the bottom of the tank.

Since the outbreak I haven't used these things in my axie tank, but I need to do a cleaning/water change today. So, can axies get ich? And if they can, how can I make sure that it doesn't get into their tank?

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Sterilize your equipment between tanks. Give it a good dip in a 10:1 bleach solution, or rinse it all with vinegar. Rinse with fresh water really well, then let everything dry. Or you can boil it (if it's not flimsy plastic). Or if you have a dishwasher, run it all through a cycle.

hacelepues

Reaction score
Sterilize your equipment between tanks. Give it a good dip in a 10:1 bleach solution, or rinse it all with vinegar. Rinse with fresh water really well, then let everything dry. Or you can boil it (if it's not flimsy plastic). Or if you have a dishwasher, run it all through a cycle.

Thanks, I'll give it a good wash with some hot water and a little bleach.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!