Two New 3 Month Old Axis

TheMeaHatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Heyyy Ya'll

Here from Kansas. I have two, 3 month old Axis in a 20 Gallon Long with Aquaclear filter. No substrate. Temp right around 68 degrees.

Just been taking care of them. Excited to watch them grow. I will transfer them to a 40 gallon tank in about a year or whenever they outgrow the 20 gallon. Will upload pictures later.

- Donatello

Hey, welcome to Caudata. Happy to hear about your axolotls, it sounds like you have good plans for them. Hope you have good luck. What colors do have?

I have two Leucistic babies. :)

Im working to get a sponge filter and some more aeration going on in the tank. Between a fan, and filter it would still be nice to have more movement.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back