The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 24th August 2013   #1
Lindseymetz87

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Lindseymetz87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My salamander looks suddenly emaciated, please help!

I have had a fire salamander for about four months now, and for most of that time he was a little bit skinnier than most slamanders but he was eating so I gigired that it was just him. But just a day or two ago all of a sudden he looks seriously emaciated and I haven't a clue why. It's to the point where when I pick him up I can feel all of his ribs. I feed him about four small crickets every day and for the most part he appeared to be eating them. I change his water every day and the tank stays at like 66 degrees. I have no idea what's happening. Also, I don't know if this is related but this morning, I watched him go into his water bowl and run in circles really fast for like a good minuet or two. Please if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appriciate them!

-Lindsey

Here's a picture if him if it helps
Welcome to Flickr!

Lindseymetz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013   #2
Aaron
(ThoseNewtsTho)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: ThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: My salamander looks suddenly emaciated, please help!

Try feeding chopped up night crawlers and maybe a few waxworms occasionally

Tags
fire salamander, help and advice needed, lost weight, not eating, sick, strange behavior