My new baby Stardust, any ideas on what colour he's going to be?

axoltlmad123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a new baby a couple of weeks back and named him stardust, he's stunning. He's about 4 inches long, has dark bits around his gills which are pink with gold flecks. And I'm pretty sure he has blue eyes with gold bits in. He's a yellowy colour but really pale almost leucistic like my axi. But axi didn't have the yellow as a youngster like stardust does. You can't really see his colour in my pictures but there's one that shows it off really well (pictured ). So I was just wondering what would people on here say he is going to turn out to be? I know there's the chance he's going to change a lot. I know from the person that bred him he started out like a normal leucistic. As he got older he got more colour I think I've got that right. Also I wanted to ask is there a chance his eyes will always be this colour?

Attachments

• Scrapbook_1419097989636.jpg
    Scrapbook_1419097989636.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 469
  • 20141221_210519.jpg
    20141221_210519.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 2014-12-28 00.26.04.jpg
    2014-12-28 00.26.04.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 455
Oh wow, he is gorgeous! I have no idea what kind that is but I am curious to see what experienced axie owners think. Maybe the beginnings of a light wild type with lots of gold iridophores? But I really can't give an educated opinion since I am soon to get my first axies and have just been looking at tons of pics for the last month or so.

Looks like a freckled leucistic with lots of pretty iridophores on the gill stalks! Love the name you chose :)

Such lovely gills!! and such a CUTE name! :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back