Rehoming a Snapping Turtle

Nemesea

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Nemesea
Hi everyone
a mate of mine has been given a snapping turtle (we believe) (she thought she was getting a musk), but all she has is a standard size tank which i had given her a bit back, which is nowhere near big enough for him/her and and cant give the turtle back as the ones who gave it her has moved and she has asked all of the local aquatic shops and they dont want it, with so she's looking to rehome him/her to some1 who knows how to care for it and has a suitable tank for it, she's has a few enquiries but when she's said its the turtle only and no tank they have backed out as she does not want to send the turtle with the tank incase they just keep him/her in it as that would defeat the object of rehoming the turtle, the turtle is quite big and is over 20cm long including its tail its about the size of a dinner plate (i have a 3-4ft tank which i dont think is big enough for it)
if anyone can help rehome this snapper please let me know

(i will not be available from tuesday for two weeks due to going to spain for my mums funeral but i said i would ask for her so i am)

the snapper is in the barnsley UK

also if any1 has any info on how to care for it while trying to rehome it i think would be greatful

could you post a picture or two of it please. If it can be confirmed which species it is it may be easier to rehome

i will get a photo tomorrow if its possible and will post it but pleases understand things are hectic at the moment so may take a bit of time

hi everyone sorry for not getting back to you all about the snapper (i ended up in ICU in Spain and have been recovering since) i have rang a reptile rescue centre and they have said no where will take a snapper... and my mate is moving house and said shes going to leave it so i have said i would take it and get it re homed so it will be in mine when shes moved as i was told the only option for it would be to look after it which i know i can only do for so long, or to get it rehomed or to the vets for putting to sleep which i dont want
and i will get pics ASAP

hi again, i know these pictures are not the best but when my mate has moved and its here in our house i will try and get better pictures of its face and mouth and i will do a size comparison with a coin and i will try and get it measured with a tape but i cannot promise an accurate measurement

Attachments

• WP_20161117_001.jpg
    WP_20161117_001.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 194
  • WP_20161117_002.jpg
    WP_20161117_002.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 159
  • WP_20161117_003.jpg
    WP_20161117_003.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 144
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back