New Tank Setup

Mikayla

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey Guys,
This is my new tank setup, I just moved the little guy in today! He seems to be doing well :)
Please let me know what you think, also if you have any suggestions of anything :)
Thanks heaps!!

Attachments

• 1459675120014.jpg
    1459675120014.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 148
Hi there :happy:

The tank looks good. Plenty of hides etc. Filter, and I think I can see that the spray bar is turned towards the glass to reduce the flow, which is always good. Little feeding area, awesome.
Just checking, how big is your axolotls? Just because very small ones don't do well with sand, and I'm guessing that even if it's fully grown the rocks are too big for him to swallow.
Do you have any pictures of your little one enjoying his new tank? We love to see pictures. :D

Hi there :happy:

The tank looks good. Plenty of hides etc. Filter, and I think I can see that the spray bar is turned towards the glass to reduce the flow, which is always good. Little feeding area, awesome.
Just checking, how big is your axolotls? Just because very small ones don't do well with sand, and I'm guessing that even if it's fully grown the rocks are too big for him to swallow.
Do you have any pictures of your little one enjoying his new tank? We love to see pictures. :D

Hi Donna, thanks so much!!
Yep, the spray bar is facing towards the glass, I found it definitely helps reduce the flow!
He is a little over 5 inches long! I did lots of research before moving him and heaps of people have said that 5 inches is usually okay for sand, I've been keeping a close eye on him, only time he ate some sand was when I was feeding him and he regurgitated most of it back up by the looks of it!
The rocks buried in the sand are all at least 5cm wide, and the rocks on the hide to the left are all securely stuck down.
I've got a couple of pictures below! :)

Attachments

• 1459675337718.jpg
    1459675337718.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 1459675686376.jpg
    1459675686376.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 1459675194597.jpg
    1459675194597.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 130
What a cutie. :happy:
Yes, he's big enough for a sand substrate, so everything in the tank looks good for him. I hope that he's very happy with his lovely tank. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back