Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Reviews in the Works: Who is writing what?

Abrahm

Reaction score
If you want to write a review make a quick note here saying which book and author you will be reviewing so that others know what is being worked on.

If someone listed a book you wanted to write about don't be discouraged! We would love to see multiple reviews and get as many viewpoints as possible on a book. Feel free to write a review for an in progress or finished review and add it to the thread.

To keep this request thread easy to read someone will occasionally go through and delete review claims that are already posted.

Abrahm

Reaction score
I am working on a review of Robert C. Stebbins and Nathan W. Cohen's A Natural History of Amphibians.

freves

Reaction score
I have been planning on writing a review for the Popular Amphibians book by DeVosjoli. If someone else is already working on it then that is OK as well. I can always add my two cents.
Chip

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Foster,
I started one on deVosjoli, do you want me to go ahead or do you want to do it?

Here's a list I'm working on:

Started already:

Designer Reptiles and Amphibians (Bartlett)
Popular Amphibians (de Vosjoli)
Reptile and Amphibian Problem Solver (Davies)
Encyclopedia of Reptiles and Amphibians (Cogger and Zweifel)
The World's Most Spectacular Reptiles and Amphibians (Lamar)
War with the Newts (Capek)

Children's:
Pip's Magic (Ellen Walsh)
Red Spotted Newt (Doris Cove)

Will start when I finish the above, unless someone else volunteers:
Reps and Amphibs for Dummies
Audubon Reptile and Amphib. guides
A Guide by someone named Gramercy
and a Children's book:
Salamander Rock (Mitter)

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I have a childrens book called The Salamander Room by Anne Mazer that I'd like to review.

lims

Reaction score
I'd like to review "The Case of the Midwife Toad" by Arthur Koestler, it may be a few months though.

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
So, anyone have any book reviews in the works?
Since I am very quickly becoming addicted to anurans in addition to caudates, I have updated my Amazon order list accordingly. I'll post a few over the next few weeks.

Here is my list so far:

http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/14M8F5X6LKWRB

Please let me know if you have or are in process of reviewing any of these books. Especially if you are lucky enough to posses some of the pricier ones...I would hate to drop a Benjamin Franklin on a bummer of a book.:D

EDIT: With winter fast approaching, I have updated my "To Read" list. Now if I can just find the time to read!

Last edited:

jaster

Reaction score
I am about to finish up Amphibian Conservation, edited by R. Semlitsch and will get to a review in the next coming weeks (semester is OVER!).

Marcus

Reaction score
Hey,

I'd like to write some reviews about some German books which aren't in the list of the foreign language books so far.

Thiesmeier, B., Kupfer, A. & Jehle, R. 2009: Der Kammmolch – ein Wasserdrache in Gefahr. 2.Aufl. Bielefeld.

(It's a monograph about the Triturus-cristatus-complex from three famous amphibian explorers. Look here)

Thiesmeier, B. & Schulte, U. 2010: Der Bergmolch – im Flachland wie im Hochgebirge zu Hause. Bielefeld.
(This is a monograph about the alpine newt and it's written by famous authors, too. Look here)

Glandt D. 2010: Taschenlexikon der Amphibien und Reptilien Europas – Alle Arten von den Kanarischen Inseln bis zum Ural. Wiebelsheim.
(This is a guide to all European herp species. First I thought that this can't be good because of it's not very expensive price but it's the best field-guide for hobby herp explorers I've ever read. Look here)

Greetings,

Marcus

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!