Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New African dwarf frogs :)

allied123

Reaction score
So I just thought I would share some pictures of my new little guys, also I think the larger one has the white spots behind his armpits (indicating he's a male?) but I'm thinking the smaller one is to small to sex yet? If anyone has any thoughts on this they'd be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• IMAG0526.jpg
    IMAG0526.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,190
  • IMAG0527.jpg
    IMAG0527.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 618
  • IMAG0528.jpg
    IMAG0528.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 588

elKendo97

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this photos, the truth is that I love this species.
Tell us a little more man lol.
How are you keep the frogs?

allied123

Reaction score
I'm a girl :( lol but after doing a ton of research on a betta site and knowing I'd keep up with the water changes and looking at aduadvisor I put them in my 5.5 gallon fluval spec 5 with my betta (which does have a filter and is heated to 78-80 degrees Fahrenheit). I wasn't exactly sure on their food as I couldn't find the specific food people recommended for the little guys but I had some "aquatic newt" food that seemed to fit the same bill in respect to ingredients and protein, fat etc. They're on black sand with lots of hiding spots in some fake grass and a fake drift hide and I have a bamboo and another plant (not quite sure what that one is...it isn't doing too well...) in the tank as well. Oh and they eat in a little feeding bowl to avoid any sand ingestion.

MermaidMommy

Reaction score
Congrats on your new family members. They like the water between 70-75 and they do make sinking pellets for specifically aquatic frogs. Then bloodworms as treats to switch it up. Also are they by a window? Natural light is great for these guys. Hope it works out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!