Wetlands being filled?

ndbug

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Nathan
Hi, so my mother owns 3 acres of property that is backed by about 27 acres of wetlands that is owned by the guy at the end of the street. This guy has solar fields all over the area. He is planning on filling these wetlands and clearing the whole 27 acres of woods to build a solar field. I have confirmed that this is a breeding site for Ambystoma Jeffersonianum. I have also found spadefoot toads on the land. These two species are protected by the massachusetts endangered species act. Any advice on how i can stop this from happening?? They have already marked all the trees in the forest to be cutdown and have drove a tractor through it before even getting official approval for the project.

I can totally sympathise with you. We have this here but for housing developments. It doesn't help with Trump thinking that coal is king giving the go ahead to drain wetlands and allow toxic effluent into the water system. You could do your bit and create some of your own wetland.

I would coll your state's Department of Natural Resources, or Fish and Game, or whatever it's called in your state. At the very least, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back