Question: Can i introduce another axie?

BadLilMama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had Hedwig for about 6 months , which makes him about 8 months old and I would really like to bring another axie in to the tank. But I have heard that its not a good idea, just wondering if there is a way or if anyone has done it without problems? Thanks:bowl:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
how big is your tank?? I have 2 axies in a 3ft tank and they are very happy. You will need to quarantine your new axie for 30 days to make sure that everything is ok(health) and that he/she is eating well. Please make sure you post some pictures when you get him/her.
lea

Just a quick question...didn't you just post a thread about your Axolotl losing its gills for an unknown reason? And you just recently removed the gravel from the tank as well? I would keep researching the Axolotl until you absolutely know what you are doing before getting multiple Axies. Just some advice...but answers the Lea's questions would also help.

oops sorry forgot - my tank is roughly 3 and half feet, my water levels are perfect and i go sand now its beautiful :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back