One way glass

suztor

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone ever used this?

There's a film you can get to put on glass to make it one way glass.

You can see one way, but the other way is a mirror.

My salamanders still won't go in the water and its been months. I changed the filter from a pump with a light current to an air pump powered filter with no real current. Water is good,fully cycled temp is nice and cold(60-65f). They have over 16 inches of water vertically and just over 20 gallons total

I've noticed they move away when I poke my face in there to check on them (you know twice daily head counts). So I was considering making it so they can't see any thing but their own movements. Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

If you think that they're afraid, then it might work. But I would think that making them unable to see out would stress them, as it would make their home seem much smaller to them. Like painting a room a dark color, you sort of feel like you're squeezed in. Whenever I poke my head up to the glass to watch my axolotls, them come up to me.

Basically, if you think it's necessary, try it. I'm sure you can fix it if it doesn't work. I would be scared of stressing them out by making space seem limited, but I'm not sure if that's a false worry.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back