Hello community

MattMaxx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone my name is Erick, and I’m currently living in Indiana. Ever since I was in elementary school I was always interested in raising amphibians frogs mostly because I couldn’t find any salamanders anywhere. Currently I am interested in raising some Axolotls or salamanders if I could get a seller on here hopefully. On a side note I’ve also been interested in no filter or natural filter made with live plants. Thanks for having me in the community.

Welcome to the forum! Check the For sale section to find some sellers or adult animals searching new home. In the meanwhile, you could already start a tank so it's cycled and ready when you get a pet. Just take a look which are the recommended sizes for axies so that it won't be too small. Good, easy plants with low light and no filter are in my opinion vallisneria, anubias, java fern and java moss and some floating plants - unfortunately I don't remember their english names ?

I am not sure where you are located in Indy. Tinley Park IL reptile expo will have a number of amphibians including some axolotls. It is about 1/2 hour past the border on I-80 near Chicago. There will be frogs and newts also. Plan for the day because it will take hours to look around. It is worth the money to enter. It is $15 each adult. Children are cheaper or free depending on age.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back