The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 4th June 2018   #1
RoreyRoreyRorey

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 2
Rep: RoreyRoreyRorey has given good advice and informationRoreyRoreyRorey has given good advice and information
Default Feeding Issues?

I was just wondering what the ideal diet for tiger salamanders is. I have been having trouble feeding my two tiger salamanders. The previous owner of Salaman Grundy fed her nearly a hundred crickets a week, so she was obese when I got her. Iíve weaned her down to 30 crickets a week, but she isnít losing weight. I have tried feeding her worms, but they frighten her and she will not touch them. Any suggestions on helping her lose weight?

Toothless on the other hand isnít eating. He has only eaten 2-3 pinhead crickets since he morphed two weeks ago and Iím starting to get very worried. He wonít take worms either. Should I be worried? Is there a way to force feed him or should I take a trip to the vet?

RoreyRoreyRorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018   #2
RoreyRoreyRorey

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 2
Rep: RoreyRoreyRorey has given good advice and informationRoreyRoreyRorey has given good advice and information
Default Re: Feeding Issues?

Little Toothless has finally started eating again! The problem has resolved itself. But does anyone have any advice on helping Salaman to lose weight?

RoreyRoreyRorey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiger salamander