The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 29th April 2019   #1
Jwilliam

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jwilliam is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking New Axolotl owner from the UK!

Hello everyone! Iím just posting to ask for general tips on keeping my 2 Axolotls happy and healthy.. they seem to be flourishing in there new tank and Iíve really enjoyed watching them grown from babies into what I see now as teenagers. I have one wild time which I believe is a male, due to what looks like a sack under his his tail and a yellow albino which Iím not sure on the gender. So far Iím feeding them frozen blood worms and earth worms (chopped up). Itís so crazy that the 2 little guys have such different personalities. Axolotls have defiantly been my favourite pet Iíve ever owned I must admit! .. anyway thanks for reading ( feel free to show me your Axolotls :) - HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Jwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2019   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: New Axolotl owner from the UK!

Welcome! For any specific questions you can go through the axolotl forum section. There's so much info! Basic tips from me would be: keep your water at a constant temp under 20 degrees (under 19 preferably), have a test kit and test weekly to see how big/often of a water change you need to do, check daily for poop so it doesn't raise ammonia, use more earthworms than bloodworms as they're the best diet. Post some pics of your babies so we can see! How old are they? It'll be hard to tell gender for a long time haha

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axie, axolotl, axolotl advice, new amazing member