The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 10th April 2018   #1
Newbylotl

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 0
Rep: Newbylotl is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Help! What is wrong with his gills?

]Hi, Im new on here. one of my 2 axolotls ( Newby ) was acting weird,
yesterday when i came home i noticed his gill ( left = white stuff on the top wich is now gone but it looks red with white now ) ( right = curly and really red on the top )
I don't know what this is but i"ll leave pictures..
My other axolotl is acting normal and has nothing and eats good,
Newby does eat but sometimes after he has eaten he spits it out ( i feed worms )
What does he have and what can i do about it? I have aquarium salt in case of funguss
anyway if anyone knows what it is and what i should do.
please tell me! thankyou...
I have pictures in my gallery of his gills ( i don't know how to add them here,
so please look at my gallery!)

Last edited by Newbylotl; 10th April 2018 at 10:22. Reason: See gallery for pictures
Newbylotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2018   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Help! What is wrong with his gills?

Can you provide the water parameters (ammonia, nitrate and nitrite) and water temperature so we know what's happening. Do you think the white stuff may have been fungus? If you have a picture of that as well that would be good

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, axolotl, sickness