The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 9th September 2018   #1
Basicfgts

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Basicfgts is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Cotton like fungus.

Iím pretty sure my little guy has a fungus but Iím not sure how to treat it. Ive had my little guy for 6 months and ive never had any issues. Its pretty mild atm, I just noticed them this morning. Ive heard salt baths, but Iím not 100% sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F919C58D-DEF5-40E3-8EDC-D5487299891C.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	396.3 KB
ID:	54237  

Basicfgts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2018   #2
NidiaNz

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: NidiaNz has started on the right path
Default Re: Cotton like fungus.

Brew a cup of plain black tea, let it steep until it's cooled, add the tea to a tub of decholorinated water, add your lotl to the tub, do that for 15 minutes, 3 times a day.

NidiaNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2018   #3
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Cotton like fungus.

I usually use salt baths but it is stressful on your axie so you can give the tea baths as above a try first.

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axie, fungus