The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 3rd May 2019   #1
Cshbirdy

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Cshbirdy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Curoxen to help heal bacterial infection

Not sure if my tree frogs -yes, not salamanders but i've dealt with this injury in newts before- are suffering from bacterial or fungal infection but they are new and im sure the stress of shipping caused it/isnt helping.

I'm doing a ten minute a day honey bath dip and then Bacitracin Zinc. Im not seeing any improvement and they are not eating. I have separated them.

My question is had anyone used Curoxen?? Its supposedly all natural and its more liquidy than the bacitracin so it might seep in easier.
Any thoughts?

Cshbirdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antibiotic, bacitracin, bacterial, curoxen, frog, fungal, injury, wound, zinc