The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 11th September 2009   #1
Aimee

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 6
Rep: Aimee has shown reliable knowledgeAimee has shown reliable knowledge
Default Caresheet for Cynops cyanurus?

Hello All

I was just poking around the cc pages and noticed that there isn't a specific caresheet for Cynops cyanurus. Is the care of these guys pretty similar to the other cynops species? I'm curious as I have been contemplating aqcuiring some newts (in the probably-not-so-near future) and am particularly interested in this species. Can anyone with first hand experience offer some input?

Thank you

Aimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009   #2
Justin
(Greatwtehunter)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11
Default Re: Caresheet for Cynops cyanurus?

If you ask me, these are an excellent species for anyone to have. They can tolerate warmer temperatures than most newts. They are EASILY bred, the juveniles morph larger than most Cynops species, and will remain aquatic which is a huge plus. They eat just about anything; chopped worms, salmon pellets, bloodworms, etc. Mine will even eat red wigglers.

Old 12th September 2009   #3
rick
(merk199)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: merk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and informationmerk199 has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Caresheet for Cynops cyanurus?

Read the cynops orientalis, cynops popei caresheets. That will give you the basic idea. They eat the same as both those species and can be kept similarly. I keep mine in a basement at 67 degrees. I would not keep them at the higher end like popei but more towards the 70 degree area.

Also in the cynops advanced section there is an excellent thread on the cyranus.

merk199 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caresheet, cyanurus, cynops