The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 5th February 2019   #1
Hross

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Hross is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking New owner to two sister axolotls

Hello! My name is Hailey, I recently got 2 axolotls, 2 females, one domestic and one wild, both are sisters, and I've been trying to get their tank to where they are not stressed out in their new home, I love knowing different facts and tips so if anyone who has owned axolotls would be willing to help me understand my two little babies (Who are at least under a year, someone else owned them before me) I would greatly appreciate any help i can get. I've been putting ice packs in their water to cool it down, and I feed them every other day, and change the water out once a week, I want to do the right thing and make sure I'm giving them the best life they can get. I hope you are all patient with me when I ask numerous questions and I'm very happy to become apart of the axolotl community :)

Hross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2019   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgHayleyy is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: New owner to two sister axolotls

Hi! Welcome!
What temperature does the tank like to sit at without the ice blocks? A better thing to do is to get an aquarium fan and attach it to the tank. It will drop the temperature a few degrees and depending on where you live this may be perfect.
Post some pics if you can, I'd love to see them! What are you feeding them at the moment?
How much water are you changing per week?
One thing I would suggest if you haven't already is to get a master test kit (pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate) so you can keep the tank healthy.

Hayleyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl advice, axolotls