The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 15th October 2008   #1
Kira
(kira)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: kira has given good advice and informationkira has given good advice and information
Question Feeder fish

I thought that I would buy my axies a treat and got them a couple of guppies. I have quarrintined the guppies for over a month and they seem to be in good health. I have started to put a couple in with the axies at a time and the axies seem to REALLY love them.

I am wondering, can I just feed them feeder fish all the time or do they need to have something else as well?

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008   #2
Jacquie

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 12
Rep: Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11
Default Re: Feeder fish

Hi Kira,

Would definately feed them something else as well. Feeder fish rate pretty poorly as a staple diet.

This article gives you the best menu choice options for your axolotl:
http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/foods.shtml

As you obviously have no qualms feeding live food to your hungry axolotls the most ideal food package with all the nutrional needs for an axolotl is lovely, wriggly earthworms: http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/worms.shtml

Useful links: Forum Rules | Axolotl Caresheets | Axolotl Sanctuary | Axolotl FAQ| Water Quality FAQ | Caudata Culture Articles
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008   #3
Kira
(kira)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: kira has given good advice and informationkira has given good advice and information
Default Re: Feeder fish

Thanks heaps!!

kira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feeder, fish