The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 1st August 2011   #1
Delirio

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Delirio is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Discoloration?

Hello,

Hope someone could give me an answer? Yesterday I was staring at Camilo (my axie) and I noticed his colour was sort of yellowish all over, and this morning I noticed he seems to have like white dots, pin needle size.
His tail (I'm just looking at him now) is like yellowish as well.
He is eating fine and the water is ok, chemical/temperature wise.
Any suggestions what should I do?
I'm adding some pictures taken today (about an hour ago) see if you can spot something, I tried to zoom in with the camera but no luck.
Thank you in advance,

Delirio
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.08.11 042.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	17848   Click image for larger version

Name:	01.08.11 043.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	17849   Click image for larger version

Name:	01.08.11 044.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	17850  

Delirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011   #2
frances dansie
(digger)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 16
Comments: 12
Rep: digger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.orgdigger is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Discoloration?

I must say he looks perfectly fine to me, slight colour changes do occur on and off throughout their lives same as with us lol.
From what I can see I would say not to worry

digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011   #3
fishcakey

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: fishcakey is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow he's fat! I wish my baby would start growing like that... Maybe it's just one of those things where "they change colors with surroundings", but he doesn't look fungus-y at all

fishcakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011   #4
Delirio

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Delirio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your reply. He is looking better this last few days so it was probably a thing to do with the light or as suggested, the momentarily change of colour.
And yes, he is "chubby" LOL but trust me he swims all over the tank, also once a fortnight he has a "chase the shrimp" exercise which consist of me putting a shrimp on the surface of the water, holding it with a pair of tweezers (the shrimp is tiny) and moving it so he has to come up and chase it.
Trust me he is *so* fast that more than once he ate the shrimp without even giving me the chance to move it around.
Again thank you for giving me some peace of mind regarding his skin.

Have a lovely day!

EiOK!

Delirio is offline   Reply With Quote