Albino Clawed Frog

Sueshee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I have a 2 yr old male albino Clawed Frog, Unfortunately he was a tutti frutti when I got him. I feel bad for the dye injection. Anyways I have had him in a 30 gal tall since he was a baby along with a few fish, 2 giant danios & one tetra. I am not for sure if he is just getting big or if maybe this is bloat creeping up on him. I have noticed 3 black dots on different parts of his body a couple days ago & I do not know what those are either. I called a vet & I plan on taking him but it`s not going to be for another week. I figured I can post something & hopefully someone here can help out a little.
I will add some pics, if you have any questions please ask. Another thing is I found him on his back about 2 weeks ago, I don`t know how long he was like that, but as soon as I stuck my hand in there he swam away. Is that a normal thing they do for some reason? If you need more pictures I have more or can take more. If curious I feed him worms,crickets, rosies,wax worms,headless superworms,sometimes freeze dried tubifex worms. Another thing is she has not been eating. she will smell around but will not eat anything I went out and bought some frog & tadpole pellets just to try something new & she wont eat those either. Thanks! Another thing is when he was upside down you can notice that his belly looks wrinkly, but in the others it is not.

Attachments

• IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,124
  • IMG_1555.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,816
  • IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,986
  • IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 5,189
  • froggy2.jpg
    froggy2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,616
  • froggy.jpg
    froggy.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 5,115
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back