Newt and Salamander Art?

Great stuff Molch!!

I got the urge the other night to give some more caudate related art a try. I regret that I've not been here in a LOOOONG time. I'll post whatever I get around to painting!

Eurycea Lucifuga, 5X7 oil on wood

Attachments

• Eurycea Lucifuga.jpg
    Eurycea Lucifuga.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 281
stormcrow - that's a lovely painting; I like the mood in it. One wonders why not more people paint newts and salamanders - I mean, is there a more fascinating subject out there ?? :)

Thanks Molch. I'd guess people don't paint them often because they just aren't on many people's radar screens so to speak. But from an artist's perspective, they're lovely! So many colors and just such a fantastic subtle color gradation. It's a good painterly challenge in a modestly easy form. Reptiles on the other hand.... I'm not up to trying to handle the texture of scales!!

Next up....hmmmm, let's see...I'd love to do P. Yonahlossee but I think I'll do Fourchensis or Caddoensis again. A. annulatum is one of my favorites too...need to do one of those!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back