Marmoratus unwrapped

evut

Reaction score
Country
Czech_Republic
Display Name
Eva
My Triturus marmoratus left his skin in the tank the other day...so I fished it out and had a good look at it :happy:

Attachments

• 101128_newts_001.jpg
    101128_newts_001.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 762
  • 101128_newts_002.jpg
    101128_newts_002.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 579
It's very rare to see the skin in one piece (in most cases it's rare to see it at all :wink: )

Wow Eva! I am just uploading some of one of mine eating his. I fished one out the other day and never thought to try unravelling it. Amazing pictures

It looks like a ghost marmoratus!
I like it when they start eating their skin head first and the trapped water inflates the rest of the shed like a glove as they gulp it down xD

I just caught him finishing his skin the other day, demonstrating the "inflated glove effect":

Attachments

• 101219_newts_002.jpg
    101219_newts_002.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 555
Last edited:
That´s it! xD
Cheers for the visual aid, Eva :D He looks great by the way!

I love when they do that xD So funny. Not so funny are terrestrial ones. eating skin filled with soil and filth..Ugh!

Cheers

What about sand, Jorge?
I think my newt is actually following this thread! :D

Attachments

• 110109_newts_001.jpg
    110109_newts_001.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 535
  • 110109_newts_002.jpg
    110109_newts_002.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back