Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Where y'all from?:p

emmyk

Reaction score
I'm curious on where all these wonderful people live! I'm over here in Washington and I feel like I'm the only one! Show your pride!:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I'm originally from Michigan, but I've been everywhere. I currently live in North Dakota.

sde

Reaction score
I live in Washington, Issaquah to be precise. I'm in a great spot for herps and that's my mane hobby. Everybody that's from Washington post here! It seem like everybody's on the east of the us or in another country :(. Coming upon a person that's from the west is a rare thing :rolleyes:. -Seth

Niels D

Reaction score
I live in the "Burgundian" south of The Netherlands where I do some voluntary field work monitoring amphibians in a national parc. Keeping some lizards, frogs, toads and tortoises as well together with my gf. Great to have an international site just for caudates!

Thrillbilly

Reaction score
Cool! is there any salamanders over there? -Seth

Yea there are, my boys found this little guy in their sandbox in the back yard (photo attached below). I decided to keep him and ended up here searching for proper ways to care for him. I used to keep fire belly newts when I was a kid but I knew nothing about these guys.

Attachments

• D71_0676[1][2].jpg
    D71_0676[1][2].jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 246

sde

Reaction score
That looks like a tiger salamander :happy:. I too have found salamanders under sandboxes, they seem to be a good place to search actually! -Seth

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!