Carnifex Eggs Have Arrived!!

It will take longer to morph than 1 or 2 weeks. It´s also clearly not flavistic. I´d say congratulations but i find it impossible to be happy about people looking to produce flavistic carnifex...

I've also raised Triturus carnifex from egg, and this larva looks like a normal colored one to me, yet it's hard to see the difference at this stage. In my experience it took another two to 3 weeks untill a larva of this size morphed.

The pic below shows a flavistic larva.

Steven

Attachments

• salagarfield18836 (Kopie).JPG
    salagarfield18836 (Kopie).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 478
I assumed the animal can´t be flavistic because of the intensity of the dark spots, but i´m obviously liable to be wrong.
The larva in your picture, garfield, is older than the other one and yet the spotting is visibly less intense.

Last edited:
I believe you didn't read my post well Azheal, I agreed with you the photo of Frogman shows a non-leucist/flavist animal and posted a photo so Frogman could see the difference between a leucist/flavist animal and a normal colored one.

Steven

I only said that because i took your comment about how it can be tricky to tell the difference at this stage in development as an admission that there´s a chance the identification was incorrect and i thought i should jump on that boat and clarify that i´m fallible.
It´s understood now, sorry for the confusion.

Growing well, starting to see some white spots developing on the jaw and an orange belly as well :)
u8aza9y7.jpg

9agu8ejy.jpg

At this point I have decided to name him Kaiju

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kaiju is growing well, now 2.75" and an eager eater :)

ynesy5y9.jpg

amy5uhuj.jpg

4yvunyny.jpg

Here he is today, he looks a bit different :)
5umage8u.jpg

e9yde8ym.jpg

eda9ysa3.jpg

Kaiju is almost finished morphing :)

uzaga9e6.jpg

ebe4yqym.jpg

6uvybepe.jpg

Kaiju today :) a beautiful male.

uzetasyp.jpg
y8ugara5.jpg

useze5e4.jpg

e9amamu5.jpg

Evan

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back